Sunday 24 March 2013

My M&M's Midnight Marathon Failure


After a long hard day out on the site, two manual labourers (Kev and Pete) are in a rough pub having a beer when a well-dressed man enters, orders a drink and sits on a stool at the bar. The two builders start to speculate about the occupation of the man in the suit.

Kev: - I reckon he's an accountant.
Pete: - No way - he's a stockbroker.
Kev: - He ain't no stockbroker! A stockbroker wouldn't come in here!
The argument repeats itself for some time – dentist, no! – lawyer, no! – until the volume of beer gets the better of Kev and he makes for the toilet. On entering the toilet he sees that the man in the suit is standing at a urinal. Curiosity (and the many beers) get the better of the builder.
Kev: - 'Scuse me.. no offence meant, but me’n’mar mate were wondering what you do for a living Guv?
Man in Suit: - No offence taken! I'm a Doctor by profession.
Kev: - Oh! What kind of Doctor?
Man in Suit: Logic. I’m a Doctor of Logic.
Kev: - Oh! What's that then?
Man in Suit: - I'll try to explain by example... Do you have a goldfish at home?
Kev: - Er... mmm . well yeah, I do as it happens!
Man in Suit: - Well, it's logical to follow that you keep it in a bowl or in a
pond. Which is it?
Kev: - It's in a pond!
Man in Suit: - Well then it's reasonable to suppose that you have a large garden then?
Kev: - As it happens, yes I have got a big garden!
Man in Suit: - Well then it's logical to assume that in this town if you have a large garden then you have a large house?
Kev: - As it happens I've got a five-bedroom house...built it myself!
Man in Suit: - Well given that you've built a five-bedroom house it is logical to assume that you haven't built it just for yourself and that you are quite probably married?
Kev: - Yes I am married, I live with my wife and three children.
Man in Suit: - Well then it is logical to assume that you are sexually active with your wife on a regular basis?
Kev: - Yeah! Four nights a week!
Man in Suit: - Well then it is logical to suggest that you do not masturbate very often?
Kev: - Me? Never.
Man in Suit: - Well there you are! That's logic!
Kev: - How's that then?
Man in Suit: - Well from finding out that you had a goldfish, I've told you about your sex life!
Kev: - I see! That's pretty impressive...thanks a lot mate – you’re a genius! Both leave the toilet and Kev returns to his mate.
Pete: - I see the suit was in there. Did you ask him what he does?
Kev: - Yeah! He's a Doctor.
Pete: - A Doctor of what?
Kev: - Logic. He's a Doctor of Logic.
Pete: - What's that then?
Kev: - I'll try and explain. Do you have a goldfish?
Pete: - Nope.
Kev: - Well then… YOU MUST BE A WANKER!

- - - - - - -

My Dad, usually after a few beers, used to tell this joke and at the end he would do his own famous hearty laugh. The joke is not really that funny, but the way he would laugh would just make you belly laugh anyway!

My approach to this 100 mile challenge has been based on Whitehouse logic......







THIS BLOG HAS NOW BEEN ARCHIVED - to obtain it email:
simonsrockyroad@gmail.com


I've got the opposite. I'm watching the StaMilano on TV this morning feeling very bitter. I'm sorry.

I don't know where this leaves my quest to run 100 miles.

It's all a bit heavy on me and I have a longing for my normal life back - to just go and see friends and have dinner and eat a steak or have a pint of guinness. I'm looking forward to this quest being over, to consigning this blog to the history books. It's crazy writing out your exploits like this for a fixed period of time, for the world to see, telling a story when you yourself don't even know how it will end.

I have decided to take 7 days off. No running. No blogging. Just rest physically and mentally before deciding what to do next.

I'm sorry I failed on my midnight marathon.








.










No comments:

Post a Comment